The first tool HTHSOE teaches is Back to the Bible. This tool reaches most of the people Christians know and/or associate. Once you learn how to use it, add another tool. Does It Matter is designed to fill in the gaps and provide an additional resource for unique circumstances. It is taught as part of HTHSOE advanced training.
Does It Matter is a summary of Back to the Bible. The teaching on the authority of Christ and church of Christ is more condensed and uses a slightly different approach. The salvation of Christ is expanded with several great closings. Since it just one study, it provides some advantages over Back to the Bible. When do you use it?
- When you do not have time to do three studies.
- When the prospect knows but has not obeyed.
- When the prospect does not obey after finishing Back to the Bible.
- When circumstances such as health issues limit study time or retention.
- When you are on a campaign/mission trip.
Does It Matter is another tool in your toolbox. With more tools, you have more opportunities to continue the study. Each congregation should pass these out to their members and then train them how to use them. Help members become comfortable by letting them fill out the answers from the pews. Who knows, you just might convert someone!